We decided to:
- continue meeting on second Tuesday afternoons
- choose topics as a group
- rotate responsibility for preparing for and hosting the discussion
- subscribe to Lisa Louise Cooke’s webinar program and use her videos in some of our meetings
Our schedule for the first half of 2017:
- January – Lisa Louise Cooke (LLC)’s webinar on Google Search techniques
- February – Data Standardization (Ellen)
- March – Evernote (LLC)
- April – Genealogical Numbering Systems (Julia)
- May – Google Earth (LLC)
- June – Photo Editing (Twila)
- July – Brick walls (TBD)
Note — we spent almost all our time discussing the issues rather than how-tos and formats.
Continue reading Power-Up SIG Notes: Sharing Your Research
Preparation, organizing, editing, publishing and more!
Continue reading Power-Up SIG Notes: Digitizing Photos
What’s a genealogy toolbox?
- Websites and computer tools that make research easier
Continue reading Power-Up SIG Notes: Building a Genealogical Toobox
The Power-Up Special Interest Group met on March 8 to discuss organizing our paper and digital files. Here are the notes from that meeting:
Continue reading Power-Up SIG Notes: Organizing Your Files