Membership in Midwest Historical and Genealogical society is open to all persons or organizations having an active interest in genealogy or local history. Following a completed application with receipt of dues from the individual or organization you may enjoy the many privileges at MHGS.
Privileges of membership:
- Unlimited use of the research material at the library
- Assistance from knowledgeable volunteers
- Access to Heritage Quest Online
- Quarterly journal concerning history for Sedgwick County, Kansas and related articles
- Research unusual collections of local historical documents
- Special interest groups to expand your genealogy knowledge
- Benefit of a peer group with common interests
- Borrow materials from the library
The Membership year lasts from April 1 – March 31. Dues paid after January carry through until March 31 following year. Dues are not pro-rated if submitted after April 1.
To join, please complete a paper Membership Application Form and mail it with a check for your membership to:
Midwest Historical and Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 1121
Wichita, KS 67201-1121
[Note: our online member form is glitching and we’ve disabled it until we get it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.]